The questions spring to mind.
- Do 9yo girls need waxing/hair removal? The occurrence of excessive body hair mostly occurs after puberty. Most 9 yo girls have not yet reached puberty.
- Why would parent(s) allow removal of non-excessive hair in a pre-pubescent girl? Social engineering of parents (" 'everybody' at school is having it, mum"), or parents providing money, but not knowing how their daughters are spending it.
- Do "tween" magazines/websites promote hair removal as 'beauty'?
- How many 9yo girls have the cognitive maturity to make a rational decision about the process? Psychologically, not many at all.
- What ethics are shown by salons that do this to 9 yo girls?
Madness, sheer, bloody madness!