- Royal North Shore Hospital (RNS)
- The Cross City Tunnel Project (disadvantage to public road users/underwriting private project with public money)
- The Lane Cove Tunnel Project (disadvantage to public road users/underwriting private project with public money)
- Orange Hospital Project: indeed health management, in general, seems to lack the investment needed.
- The T-Card (transport) Project, now cancelled
What makes a successful project? In my opinion a successful project satisfies the following criteria:
- all stakeholders are consulted, and feed back sought, before and during the project.
- the customer is satisfied.
- the system works as intended.
- the project is finished on time.
- the project is completed satisfactorily on budget.
There appears to have been little or none of the above activities undertaken by Morris Iemma's Labor Government. In the current political climate that has developed over the last 10 years, it is also highly likely that each successive Minister/Premier has has a personal say in what they want, which might be at adds with what the real needs of the people of NSW.
The various Ministers and Premier must be accountable to the NSW Parliament, and in some cases accept responsibility, for failed projects that have wasted NSW taxpayers' money.