The politics is:
- some politicians believe they can lie and "get away with it": to each other, the media, and the people.
- some politicians believe everything they are told by the media advisers that taxpayers pay for
- Morris Iemma needs to keep Della Bosca, and those he "influences", on side, so that Iemma can sell the NSW taxpayer-owned electricity assets.
- Iemma tried, and failed, to media-manage the events involving John Della Bosca. (see previous posts concerning alleged bullying by his wife, Belinda Neal)
- It was only as a "last resort" to help his own image as being "in control", that Morris Iemma acted on his staff's advice that he sacked John Della Bosca by telling him to step aside as Minister for Education and Minister for Industrial Relations.
- Already there has been some media speculation about a possible challenge to Morris Iemma's leadership.
"Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive!"
(Sir Walter Scott)