- the resultant league tables created by the media. Remember the media do this simply to make a quick buck from sales, and possibly to denigrate some schools, or school system.
- the site does NOT give amounts of Federal and State funding in total, or per student. That might well have been politically damaging for Julia Gillard, and the Federal and State Governments. Some reports say such information will be included in the a later version.
- the site makes comparisons between statistically dissimilar groups/schools. eg boys-only schools with girls-only schools; high schools with primary schools; comprehensive schools with selective schools
- the site assumes that all students from a school conform to the demographics of the suburb/town in which it is sited.
- NAPLAN testing and performance does not measure an education.
As for the MySchool site, and its data:
- remember, like investing, "past performance is no indicator of future returns"
- "Never confuse a test score with an education" (John)